Saturday, January 4, 2014

Those Stupid New Years Resolutions

So every year around Christmas everyone makes these big plans to make the next year better. My New Years resolutions were mostly about recovery and getting better. I also decided that I wanted to spend more time doing what I love most through out the year. My top five plans were as follows: 1. Work on overcoming the anorexia that I've been fighting with for years. 2. Try to stop self-harming that I've dealt with since I was around ten years old. 3. To dance for at least thirty minutes a day to keep working on my skills. 4. To write for at least thirty minutes a day to better my writing as an author. 5. To stop watching so much TV. Today is the 4th of January and I have FAILED at 4 of the 5 goals. The only one I haven't failed at so far is number 2, and that's the one that I'm on the edge of failing at. Everyone decides to try their best and master all these wonderful and amazing goals that will NEVER work out. Some of those things that we resolve to do actually work, but most not so much. When I was in the 3rd grade I had set a goal to stop crying as much because that's when my mother's ex-husband had started abusing me and I couldn't take it. That was perhaps the only New Years resolution that I've ever had work out before. I try every year to follow through buy normally by the 5th or 6th day of the New Years I have failed. So what's the point of creating all these resolutions when they don't work often?

No comments:

Post a Comment